Certified DevOps Engineer (CDE)
Certified DevOps Engineer Certification governed by GSDC is focused on understanding the DevOps framework from practical tools implementation perspective.
DevOps Engineer Certification qualifies various aspects of the principles of continuous development and deployment, software development operations, continuous integration, automation of configuration management, and learns the various tools like Git, Docker, Jenkins, Nagios, Puppet, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
The focus is to understand DevOps right from the cultural change and leading to an understanding of various roles & responsibilities, cross-functional team structure, and the importance of automation for achieving benefits from successful DevOps implementation.
The certification provides the participants with the ability to learn and demonstrate competency through:
- Best practices about Continuous Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Configuration Management, Continuous Deployment, and finally Continuous Monitoring of the software throughout its development life cycle.
- DevOps principles, Source Code Management, Building CI / CD pipelines, Hands-on experience in Git, GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Nagios, etc.
- Strong understanding of DevOps framework and the benefits of implementing DevOps.
- Necessary elements to successfully implement DevOps.
- Advocating the DevOps implementation for delivering high business value with the use of automation and cross-functional team.
- Strong understanding of interfacing of existing established frameworks with DevOps.
The high-level learning objectives of the Certified DevOps Engineer Certification course are designed to:
1. Understand the DevOps Concepts and DevOps Tools.
2. Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery.
3. Spread knowledge about popular tools to achieve 360-degree automation.
4. Make the participants aware of implementation Strategies.
5. Understand the concept of DevOps and the need for DevOps.
6. Understand cloud computing and virtualization.
7. Learn and Manage Version control with GIT.
8. Create and configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments with Vagrant.
9. Perform Configuration management using Puppet.
10. Implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) with Jenkins.
11. Implementation of infrastructure monitoring with Nagios.
12. Understand containers using Docker.
13. Perform Configuration management using Chef.
14. Get hands-on practice on all the major components covered in this course.
The target audiences for Certified DevOps Engineer Certification are professionals across all IT practices. Anyone who is a part of any kind of IT project or wish to understand the DevOps methodology will benefit from this course.
- Software Development Professionals
- IT Service Management Professionals
- Project & Program Managers
- Business Analysts
- Testing Professionals
- Data Center Professionals
- Release Managers
- Change Managers
- System Architects
- System Engineers
- Improved knowledge and the latest skills.
- Better growth prospects.
- High employability.
- Better pay package.
- Strong understanding of the latest automation toolset.
- Globally recognized certification.
- Participants are recommended to undergo 16 hours of training by a qualified DevOps trainer.
- The examination consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. All questions must be attempted.
- Passing score is 70% i.e. 28 out of 40 questions must be answered correctly.
- It is a closed book examination.
- In case the participants do not score the passing percentage, they will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Re-examination can be taken up to 30 days from the date of the 1st exam attempt.
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 21 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
1. What is the DevOps
2. Introduction to CI/CD
3. Indroduction about Cloud (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) - LAB
4. Getting Started With Jenkins - LAB
5. DevOps tool - Repository - LAB
6. Build Jobs and Configurations
7. CI & CD Pipeline With Jenkins, Gradle & Artifactory - LAB
8. CI & CD Pipeline With Jenkins & Maven - LAB
9. Configuring Build Pipelines - LAB
10. Automated Testing In Jenkins - LAB
11. Code Quality Improvement using Jenkins - LAB
12. Automated Deployment and Continuous Delivery - LAB
13. Distributed System In Jenkins - LAB
14. Docker overview and understanding - LAB
How to monitor application logs using ELK - LAB